10 Takeaways from My First Dare to Lead
Last weekend, IABC members from across the CWR descended upon Regina for Dare to Lead 2018. The conference was held especially for leaders, our board members, and included special guest speakers such as Kellie Garrett, Mary Weimer, and Jeph Maystruck. Discussions around topics such as leadership and communication and fun networking opportunities (such as Escape Rooms) allowed attendees to learn from the best, build leadership skills, and grow their networks.
Here are my 10 key takeaways from my first Dare to Lead as a board member:
1. Make a list. Cut it in half. Cut it in half again.
2. Don’t stop…. believing.
3. Do what Google can’t. (Find things that Google can’t do.)
4. We are all humans and we all screw up.
5. Stories are at the heart of what we do.
6. Teamwork makes the dream work.
7. Great leadership begins with how we manage ourselves.
8. Inner peace is a form of power.
9. Listening is an essential ingredient to engage and influence people.
10. Being a leader is more than a title.
KL, IABC Saskatoon Director of Communications