Brand & Communications Manager
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
- Employment Terms: Full Time
Posted: February 20, 2020
Status: Open until filled. Interviews beginning early March. Target start date is April 2020.
The Brand & Communications Manager supports the Industry Transformation, Customer Success, and Sustainability strategic priorities by developing and managing the Brand & Communications business unit, support the development and execution of the email marketing and SMS plan, lead the management of the corporate website, lead the development and ensure consistency of the brand voice and brand image on digital and traditional communications platforms, and manage the corporate communications and media relations function.
What You Will Be Doing
Develop and manage the Brand & Communications business unit.
- Direct the execution of integrated brand and communications strategies through the planning and supervising of business unit work activities.
- Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of the unit’s short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to direct reports toward their professional development.
- Conduct regular employee performance reviews in the business unit.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending necessary changes in policies and procedures.
- Support the development of the annual marketing and communications budget.
- Provide written and verbal reports on the Marketing & Communications business unit on an ongoing basis and other written reports as requested from time to time.
Support the development and execution of the email marketing and SMS plan.
- Assist in the development and execution of an email marketing and SMS plan.
- Develop and execute email marketing and SMS campaigns that raise awareness and drive sales of the product.
- Organize and maintain email and phone lists and ensure they are up-to-date and compliant with regulatory bodies and local laws.
- Develop content and graphics for emails, ensuring alignment with corporate brand image and voice.
- Report on email marketing and SMS activities as required.
Lead the management of the corporate website.
- Ensure a consistent brand voice and image across the website.
- Monitor and report on website analytics and make recommendations for improvement.
- Regularly review, revise, and optimize website to ensure alignment with the customer journey.
- Oversee the development of landing pages in support of demand generation activities.
Lead the development and ensure consistency of the brand voice and brand image on digital and traditional communications platforms.
- Plan and develop content for the corporate marketing and repurpose for distribution across other channels, including social media.
- Develop marketing and communications resources for distribution through the corporate website. (i.e. photos, videos, white papers, and e-books).
- Develop internal and external presentations as required by the CEO.
- Manage the corporate communications and media relations function.
- Lead the development, execution, and evaluation of communications strategies including the development of overarching messaging, audience mapping, and tactical plans.
- Lead the collection and analysis of marketing data to make brand and communications business unit decisions based on insights and analytics. Report on matters related to corporate brand and reputation.
- Maintain familiarity with laws, regulations, and practices pertaining to copyright, plagiarism, confidentiality, privacy and disclosure.
- Ensure a cohesive brand experience internally and externally on all platforms.
- Lead the media relations strategy by coordinating media interest, developing media lists, and staying in contact with tech bloggers, and other relevant media outlets.
- Design and execute reporting mechanisms in support of the evaluation of communications activities.
Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- You are an excellent communicator with a knack for expressing ideas through the written word. You think about audiences first when creating and analyzing messaging.
- You are a continuous learner who is willing to take the time to learn new concepts – focused on growing professionally and personally.
- You are friendly and easy to approach when working with others.
- You are results-oriented by keeping company, department, and personal goals and objectives in view.
- You know where you shine and you play to your strengths, but you’re also aware of your growth edges and ask for help when necessary.
- You are a fire starter through original and innovative thought.
- You show up when your team needs you. You can rally a team around common goals, and with your coach approach, help others shine.
- You are not afraid to laugh, sing, dance, and have fun.
Education & Experience
Successful completion of a four year degree majoring in marketing, communications, journalism or english from a recognized institution.
Certification as a Strategic/Communication Management Professional (S/CMP) is an asset but not required.
Minimum of three years of previous marketing/communications experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of marketing communications best practices.
- Knowledge of Canadian and international laws related to marketing and communications.
- Knowledge of strategic marketing and communications planning and tactics.
- Ability to write, proofread and edit content and key messages for target audiences.
- Ability to navigate the Canadian and global media landscape.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively coach and collaborate with a small dynamic team of marketing and communication professionals.
- Skilled in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication; ability to articulate technology and market positioning to internal, external, customer, and prospective business audiences.
- Eligibility for membership with the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or other marketing communications professional associations is an asset.
- Bonus points if you find an error in the job posting.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: