- Location: Saskatoon, SK
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
The Communications Specialist is part of the Communications team and reports to the Senior Communications Specialist. This is a Communications generalist role that is expected to provide communications support and/or strategies related to varying internal and external communications, and employee engagement and community investment activities.
This position is a three-year term with the possibility of extension. This position may be located at our Saskatoon or Bethune site.
- Develop and deliver high-quality, timely and effective communications support and/or strategies for a variety of projects, programs, and events for internal and external audiences
- Monitor the impact of communications by identifying appropriate success metrics and analyzing trends and patterns using analytics using available measurement tools
- Connect and collaborate with leaders and subject-matter experts to ensure communications align with overall business goals and priorities
- Develop compelling, polished content across multiple media for varying audiences
- Provide support as needed to Communication activities such as social media, media relations, crisis communications, internal/external events, brand awareness/development, and community investment
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
Skills and attributes for success
- A positive team-player with a strong desire to learn and collaborate as part of an integrated team
- Solutions-oriented with a growth and “think outside the box” mindset, focused on proactively bringing forward actionable ideas
- A strong business acumen with the ability to navigate a complex and changing business environment in the resource sector
- Ability to effectively communicate, and build/maintain strong and trusted relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables with well-developed prioritization and time management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to shift priorities as required; ability to operate with a sense of urgency while delivering excellent quality
- Have post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related education
- Five+ years of experience working in a Communications, Marketing or Public Relations role
- Strong understanding of Communications best practice, planning and implementation
- Proven ability to provide communications support and/or strategies based on business need
- Proven ability to write for target audiences to inspire desired actions and behaviors
- Proficient in using web-based tools and Microsoft Suite applications, including Teams and SharePoint
- Strong skills and knowledge in social media including audiences, channels, content and analytics would be considered an asset for this role
The preferred location of this position is Saskatoon, however the candidate could work out of our Bethune location (Regina or Moose Jaw). Flexible work arrangement will be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
- Location: Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert or Moose Jaw, SK
The Graphic Designer will provide creative and innovative design and publishing support for all areas of the organization. This will include the design and publishing of digital, print, promotional products and various other applications. The projects must meet quality and design standards and meet client timelines. While working within the visual constraints of Sask Polytech’s brand identity, the Graphic Designer must combine a high degree of design discipline with creativity and innovation in order to produce work that is compelling and consistent with initiative objectives, but still recognizably “Saskatchewan Polytechnic”. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Graphic Designer but will work with marketing and communications colleagues across the organization.
- Work in various software and editing programs to design and produce print materials, including billboards, brochures, posters, advertisements and others as required by Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s marketing and communications department. Projects can be both based on templates and require original design work.
- Design and produce materials for various digital applications including web, social, video, etc. Projects can be both based on templates and require original design work.
- Demonstrate creativity while developing concepts for use among print and digital applications for various marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Track projects and tasks through a digital project management software program.
- While the work will be assigned by the Senior Graphic Designer, this role will also be responsible for communicating with marketing and communications team members throughout the development of the projects. Communication will be done primarily through email and digital channels.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- A diploma in graphic design from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Three years of diverse design experience in a marketing and communications function
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in design work
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Animate and After Effects).
- Ability to operate in Microsoft Office (primarily Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to creatively apply an established visual identity and/or approach to new collateral products on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of online publishing processes
- Knowledge of print publishing processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills 1
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Digital Marketer (RFP)
- Location: Saskatoon, SK or Remote
About the Kinsmen Foundation Inc.
The Kinsmen Foundation is “Saskatchewan’s Charity.” Through the proceeds of the annual TeleMiracle telethon, the Foundation grants gifts of mobility equipment and medical travel assistance to Saskatchewan residents, to improve their quality of life and independence. Our motto is “Helping People Every Day.”
Role – Digital Marketer (Contract)
The Kinsmen Foundation is seeking a motivated, seasoned digital marketing professional to take on the role of Digital Marketer for the Kinsmen Foundation and TeleMiracle as a freelance/contract position.
This role will be responsible for managing all TeleMiracle social media channels, maintaining and updating the telemiracle.com website, and providing event support to the annual TeleMiracle telethon. This role will work closely with the Kinsmen Foundation’s Digital Marketing Team and with the TeleMiracle Producers.
Reporting and Principal Responsibilities
The contracted Digital Marketer will report directly to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Plan and execute content for TeleMiracle’s social media channels and website, in alignment with the overall marketing plan
- Develop strategies and tactical plans for the deployment of social media content to support revenue-generating campaigns
- Set goals/targets for social media engagement, track analytics and report back on results
- Manage and respond to comments on social media posts and through e-mail inquiries
- Advise and implement strategies to grow user engagement across all platforms
- Compose, design and execute TeleMiracle’s e-newsletter to its subscriber list. Execute strategies
- to grow the e-newsletter subscriber base
Website Updates and Maintenance
- Refresh TeleMiracle branding on the website each year (after July 1st)
- Ensure timely posting of new and relevant website content
- Work closely with website developer to ensure regular and on-going maintenance takes place
TeleMiracle Event Support (last weekend of February each year)
- Work closely with the TeleMiracle Producers, Public Relations Chair and Executive Director to ensure alignment of social media and website content with telethon branding and messages
- Work with the volunteer Social Media team at the telethon
- Provide digital marketing support to post-telethon thank-you and stewardship strategies
- • 5+ years of relevant experience in a marketing or communications role, with related educational qualifications in marketing or a related field
- Previous contract/freelance experience including two client references
- High level of proficiency in social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,
- LinkedIn, and TikTok required, as well as paid advertising with Facebook and Google Ads.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience with web content management systems (WordPress and Elementor preferred). • Experience in a not-for-profit environment would be an asset.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Actively engaged in social media and familiar with new social media vehicles.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Prompt, self-reliant, and detail oriented.
- Ability to take initiative, practice good decision-making and problem-solving, be flexible and
- respond to a diverse workload.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including
- Kinsmen Foundation staff, TeleMiracle Producers and volunteers, donors, and other engaged audiences
- An annual contract will be negotiated, including a monthly retainer, agreed-upon task list, and measurable performance outcomes
Interested applicants should send a proposal including proposed fee structure to email@example.com by December 12, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview.