Senior Advisor, Communications
- Location: Saskatoon, SK or Calgary, AB
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position reports to the Manager, Communications, Retail & NPK
What you will do:
- Work with the broader Brand & Culture Communications team to develop integrated proactive communications campaigns as a partner to the Potash business unit and shared operational support functions such as Safety, Health & Environment
- Act as spokesperson on key campaigns and local events and issues impacting our business, the Potash business unit and shared operational support functions in Saskatchewan and globally
- You connect and integrate what’s happening locally with the broader global operations to bring the Nutrien story to life
- Work effectively and collaboratively with media, senior stakeholders and colleagues
- Strategy and project management is your passion and you can conceptualize, develop, and execute a plan end to end
- Draft and refine executive speeches for a variety of engagements and events
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and post-secondary certification in communications, PR, marketing
- 8+ years experience in corporate communications: executive, external & internal communications, media relations, social and digital communications
- Strong knowledge of external media channels and platforms
- Ability to find and develop a story that will resonate with our key internal and external audiences
- Experience working in or partnering with a global, publicly traded company
- Strong public relations and communications experience in agriculture, mining, B2B or oil & gas is an asset
- Experience working in a corporation or agency, providing deep strategic communications expertise and counsel with measurable outcomes to CEO, senior leaders, and executives
- Robust knowledge of external media channels, platforms and strong media contacts across North America, with key focus on Canadian outlets
- Proven planning, implementation and proactive public relations experience
- Experience in supporting a front-line and operations focused communications approach
- Insight-driven decision making is a core strength to guide your approach
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Internal Communications Specialist (Temp)
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
How we communicate in the workplace is an important factor in building employee engagement, culture and trust. The more connected and aware we are about where our organization is headed, the more it helps us work together as one team and be more successful as an organization.
We’re looking for an Internal Communications Specialist to join our team who shares our corporate value that people matter. With significant experience providing strategic communications support to employees and leaders on programs, practices, and policies, you identify the right communications strategy and solutions to reach employees when and where they are working. A motivated go-getter, you build strong working relationships across the business and collaborate with multiple stakeholders while delivering results.
View the full job description and apply today at Saskatoon.ca/careers.
Closing Date: Tuesday, December 1 2020 – 5:00 pm