Director, Alumni & Donor Engagement
- Location: Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert or Moose Jaw, SK
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic relationship builder to take our alumni and donor engagement to the next level. What amazing ideas can you bring to help enrich and add value to our Sask Polytech community – alumni, donors, faculty/staff, business and industry, and friends? We are looking for the right person to execute a strategic and comprehensive engagement strategy designed to deliver meaningful opportunities for volunteerism, personal and professional development, and event engagement – all to create a supportive and engaged Sask Polytech community.
The Director, Alumni and Donor Engagement plays a leadership role in engaging alumni, cultivating donor relationships, and promoting a culture of philanthropy. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Advancement, the Director, Alumni and Donor Engagement is accountable for providing strategic direction and leadership in the implementation of a comprehensive alumni and donor engagement strategy, as well as execution of a marketing and communications strategy which will encourage philanthropic support for Sask Polytech. The Director actively seeks opportunities to engage with individuals, groups, and networks to learn and understand their needs, developing value-add programs for engagement while ensuring alignment which supports Sask Polytech’s mission and mandate. The Director role is an externally focused, visible and an accessible point of contact representing Sask Polytech with professionalism in cultivating and coordinating the institution’s involvement in a variety of individual and group relationships, which will strengthen the growth, reputation, and philanthropic support of Sask Polytech.
The Director’s responsibility is to attract stakeholders to become supporters and provide alumni and donors with meaningful programming that builds awareness, grows affinity, increases participation and support of Sask Polytech priorities.
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree or other advanced education strongly preferred. A recognized professional accreditation such as CFRE would be considered an asset.
The successful incumbent will bring a minimum of five years of directly related progressive experience in donor relations, alumni engagement, as well as leading change in a complex, rapidly changing environment and experience in promoting teamwork, collaboration and partnership in an inclusive manner. All candidates must display a proven track record of applying engagement and philanthropic methodologies towards successful outcomes.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Location: Humboldt, SK
This competition will end on March 31, 2023. Applications received on or before that date will be considered. To apply, please forward a letter of application quoting the competition number as indicated on the attached posting detail. Please forward (by e-mail or mail) all applications to:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 720
Humboldt, SK S0K 2A0
Digital Marketing Coordinator Competition # 2223-02
Classification: Level 5 Salary Range $28.71/hr – $34.16/hr
Full Benefits & Pension effective upon start date
Position Description: Attached
Category: Office Staff; 7.2 hours/day
Appointment Date: April 2023
Hours of Work: Full time, with part time options available.
Location: Hybrid; Virtual and In-Office (Humboldt, or within the College Region)
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the College’s digital campaigns and online community management, coordinating with the marketing and communications, programming and support services teams to ensure consistency in voice and a strong brand presence across all digital media. Design skills are essential for the development of marketing collateral to support these activities.
This position is in-scope and reports to the Advancement and External Affairs Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise institutional awareness and cultivate student preference for Carlton Trail College in the online space.
- Implement and evaluate an integrated digital plan that supports the College’s marketing and communications plan.
- Help determine and support key messaging.
- Design and develop creative briefs and digital marketing collateral, using illustration, photo editing and/or layout software, for a variety of campaigns and initiatives.
- Engage with and support the College’s online community.
- Develop and maintain the College’s photographs and image bank, including video. • Assist with website maintenance and content management.
- Monitor digital campaign analytics and assist with reporting.
- Keep up to date on digital advertising and marketing trends, especially as related to higher education.
- Ensure appropriate file management, record-keeping and data security practices. • Provide support to the marketing and communications team and/or perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- A solid understanding of marketing, communications and/or public relations concepts. • Strong understanding of Internet marketing, specifically online advertising and its relationship with social media, website development and strategic enrolment management.
- Demonstrated design skills, preferably with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and familiarity with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams) and/or online design software or platforms.
- Creative writing, photography and video skills.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-reliant and motivated, with proven ability to problem-solve and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Carlton Trail College and Saskatchewan’s post-secondary education system. • Exemplifies the College’s cultural values of accountability, respect, commitment, innovation and integrity.
Education and Experience
The minimum relevant knowledge or formal training essential to perform the functions of this position is a two-year post-secondary diploma or equivalent accreditation, preferably with an emphasis in marketing and/or design, and a minimum two years of practical experience in the areas of marketing, communications, public relations, advertising or a related field.
- A valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s License.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Corporate Communications Advisor
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
Saskatchewan Blue Cross®, one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, is currently recruiting for a full-time permanent Corporate Communications Advisor to join our team in the Marketing department. This position offers the flexibility to be in-office or participate in hybrid options in our Saskatoon office.
Reporting directly to the Director, Marketing & External Affairs, the role of the Corporate Communications Advisor is to help steward the organization’s brand both internally and externally. Providing employees with the right information and keeping them engaged as well as working with stakeholders from Saskatchewan Blue Cross and our partners to strengthen our brand across the province by telling our story externally through media relations, partner relations, email marketing programs, collateral, our website and social media channels as well as through promotional and public speaking programs and events.
Through the implementation of a communications strategy designed to further Saskatchewan Blue Cross’ objectives, mission and vision, you’ll create and curate content and campaigns and report on the effectiveness and outcomes of all internal and external communications activities. The Corporate Communications Advisor plays an active role in planning, researching, organizing and implementing communications strategies for the company.
WHY CHOOSE SASKATCHEWAN BLUE CROSS?
We’re driven by a mission to empower communities on their journey to whole health and wellness, and have a lot of exciting things ahead of us. We’re improving our members’ experiences through investment in our people, technology, services and products. When you join our team, you’re joining an organization where employees are valued, recognized for their contributions and empowered to make us stronger. The wellbeing of our employees, our members, our partners and our communities is at the heart of our operations.
Our industry is evolving fast, and so are we! We’re looking for people who:
- Share our values
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Collaborate and always set others up for success
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop, and create a wide variety of content to support communications and marketing efforts, including but not limited to: social media content, email programs, website content, press releases, speeches, collateral, case studies and testimonials, presentations, and proposals
- Provide oversight and coordination for all aspects of approved communication programs and initiatives, including representing Saskatchewan Blue Cross at events
- Develop and execute communications plans, editorial calendars, and content programs for member and partner email programs, social media, and the website
- Perform active outreach to press outlets, partners, and influencers to build and foster strategic partnerships that grow brand impact, while responding to media inquires, building and maintaining strong relationships with journalists and members of the press from across the province
- Plan and coordinate speaking engagements, public engagements, conferences, and other promotional events to build the brand and keep Saskatchewan Blue Cross top of mind with key stakeholders and audiences
- Conduct ongoing market research and environmental scans of communications opportunities in the health and wellness space in Saskatchewan and stay up to date on industry trends to make recommendations for adjustments to communication strategies
- Develop and deliver internal communications to drive employee engagement, awareness, and excitement for all communication campaigns and their impact to our brand
- Explore new ways to reach new members and markets by maturing our social media and online review presence, listening for and engaging in relevant social discussions about Saskatchewan Blue Cross, our competitors, health and wellness, and/or our industry
- Establish, monitor, measure, and report on the success and impact of all communications initiatives, campaigns, and strategies in accordance with measurement and evaluation frameworks; analyze data to help determine and recommend improvements to strategic approach
- Proof and edit materials authored by colleagues and partners, ensuring compliance with brand voice and corporate trade-mark guidelines
- Develop and maintain strong, member-focused relationships with stakeholders internally and externally, working collaboratively to ensure communications are accurate and connect with specific audiences
- Evaluate and optimize online content for engagement, usability, lead generation and impact, recommending and making changes to ensure audience relevance and deliver results
- Provide support to the departmental planning and budgeting process
- Remain current with company and industry product and service offerings
- Participate on cross departmental teams or committees
- Other related duties and project work as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field, and 3+ years’ relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience in Public Relations, and/or Communications
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
- Demonstrated experience writing/editing marketing materials, proposals, media relations, presentations, and communications
- Experience presenting to leadership and in external settings would be considered an asset
- Previous advertising agency experience and/or managing advertising supplier would be considered an asset
- A demonstrated understanding of the insurance and/or health care industry would be considered an asset
- Experience in the use of social media tools, analytics, content planning and digital marketing techniques
- Strong technical skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and familiarity with editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, with the ability to easily learn new programs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; proficient public speaking abilities would be considered an asset
- Proven research, report development, project and content management, and problem-solving skills
- Well organized with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter with strong sense of accountability and initiative, and demonstrated flexibility and adaptability
- Strong analytical skills, with experience using Google Analytics and knowledge of other online tools
- List management experience would be considered an asset
- Highly motivated, creative and an independent thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment and passion to excel in the delivery of superior customer service
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis
HOW TO APPLY
If you are motivated to learn, enjoy working as part of a team and are looking for an opportunity to be part of a progressive, growing company, please apply directly on our Company Job Board
Director, Marketing and Communications
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
Employment type: Permanent
Hours of work: 37.5
Competition number: 23-03
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 26, 2023 5:00 PM.
The Saskatchewan Health Quality Council (HQC) is committed to equity in our hiring practices. We support diversity in our learning and work environments and ensure that applications from members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered in our employment equity practices. All qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The mandate of the Health Quality Council is to measure and report on health care quality and to promote and support quality improvement throughout Saskatchewan’s health care system.
The Director, Marketing and Communications will:
Communications, Brand Development, and Relationship Management
- Lead the planning, development, and implementation of marketing and communications strategies to meet HQC’s strategic objectives.
- Oversee all corporate communication channels to convey the value of the organization, build HQC’s reputation as a trusted leader and resource in quality improvement, and inspire others to pursue quality improvement.
- Develop and implement plans to meet HQC’s strategic objectives.
- Create and empower others to develop purpose-driven, informative, and compelling content to engage HQC’s diverse audiences. This may include developing stories, announcements, newsletters, media releases, website, intranet content, briefing notes, key messages, speaking notes, reports, publications, and social media content.
- Work with colleagues to support project goals with communication strategies and tactics to build strong and productive relationships with internal clients (HQC leaders and staff) to achieve strategic objectives.
- Lead HQC’s media and public relations, developing a strategy for the organization’s response to manage contentious issues and mitigate reputational risk, including crisis and emergency response communications.
- Lead the creation and publication of an annual report to fulfill our legislative obligations.
- Oversee development and dissemination of strategic executive communications, including for the CEO, board of directors, and senior leadership team, to deliver on HQC’s strategic objectives.
- Design and execute internal communication campaigns to build organizational alignment, culture, and employee engagement.
- Guide the HQC team in translating complex issues into simple/relatable messages to support strong communication across the organization.
- Oversee the continuous improvement and regular engagement of the employee intranet to ensure the channel meets employee needs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain branding standards to build a strong brand identity and to support audience recognition across all platforms.
Leadership and Supervision
- Ensure employees are clear on expectations, are provided with resources and supports to deliver on those expectations, and receive timely feedback and coaching on performance.
- Develop and lead a successful team that are clear on what they are expected to achieve, have clearly defined roles and responsibilities, and are provided the resources and supports to regularly achieve performance targets.
- Develop, implement, and lead organizational change in ways that actively engage individuals and teams in constructive problem-solving that enables continuous process improvement.
Proficiency in a couple of the following technical and professional skills:
- Strong writing skills across a variety of written and visual mediums.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong working relationships with employees, leadership, and stakeholders.
- Comfortable leading a team through ambiguity.
- Strong understanding of internal and external digital tools and platforms
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in marketing, internal and external communications
- Ability to lead creative processes and bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly with high attention to detail.
- Comfortable working autonomously to solve problems and manage issues.
- An eye for design and familiarity with software such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Mail Chimp, Wishpond, Mural
- Strong project and time management skills
- Capable of operating a computer and using Microsoft applications (at minimum Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams).
As well as:
- Graduate degree in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism and five years of work-related experience, preferably in a health environment, or;
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism and ten years of work-related experience, preferably in a health environment.
- Proven ability to provide timely support to senior leaders, in line with organizational priorities.
- Three plus years’ experience in leading and mentoring a team.
- Experience with internet platforms and website development
- Experience with strategic communications planning and writing all types of communication forms, including speeches, briefing notes, media releases and annual reports.
- Exceptional proficiency in MS Office
- Employees must also provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
Salary: $104,929.44 to $136,407.88
Communications Summer Student
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
Closes on: April 3, 2023
We are seeking an energetic university student who is looking for professional experience in the areas of marketing and communications to work with Sask Sport and Sask Lotteries. This position (May 1 to August 25) will champion Sask Sport and its entities brand(s) including Sask Lotteries through implementation of communication plans and projects and gain valuable resume experience.
The primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Executing content calendars, daily posts, and curating information for a variety of social media channels
- Executing communications strategies and events plans
- Write and edit communications projects in a variety of formats including website feature articles, communication through email marketing system, speaking notes and speeches
- Assist with Prize Payout Office duties
- Assist with Sask Lotteries Communications, as necessary
- Assist with social media graphic design through templates
- Assist with meeting notes and templates
- Assist with promotional material distribution
- Assist with website posting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High proficiency in social media, strategies, and concepts
- Skilled writer
- Communicate with tact, diplomacy, professional mannerism, sound judgment, and discretion
- Ability to make decisions in difficult situations
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate key messages in a clear, engaging, and appropriate manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with deadlines and multiple projects with attention to detail
- High degree of integrity and commitment to the organization’s brand
- Maintain confidentiality of information and materials
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of and experience in writing about amateur sport is an asset
- Positive attitude, creative thinker, willing to contribute to building a professional, fun, supportive, and dynamic team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Current post-secondary student in marketing, communications and/or journalism or related field
- Experience with social media considered an asset
Please email your resume with a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience would make you a great fit for this position by April 3, to:
We liked to thank all applicants for your interest in Sask Sport, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.