Communication & Promotions Assistant
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
- Department: Communication and Development
- Employment Terms: Part Time
Lutheran Theological Seminary Saskatoon is a non-profit graduate-level, post-secondary training centre and ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC). LTS nurtures and challenges all people for Christ-centered leadership and witness for God’s mission in the world. In this position, you will be responsible for the communication and promotion of this friendly seminary community whose constituency is located throughout the Western provinces.
The Communication and Promotions Assistant works under the collaborative direction of the Director of Communication and Development. The successful candidate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all social media accounts are kept up to date and properly maintained
- Producing, editing and mailing the LTS Newsletter, ordinarily five times per year
- Maintaining and updating the LTS web-site, currently being re-developed
- Developing and producing LTS brochures and other promotional materials as required.
- Assisting the Director with fundraising and recruiting appeals, as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills
- University Degree, Community or Business College Diploma in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, English, or related field, or a combination of education and experience
- 3 years relevant experience working with non-profit or in the education system preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop
- Experience writing content and/or working on web-site redevelopment, design and maintenance an asset
- Ability to write content and maintain social media, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Experience in producing newsletter, brochure design and copy-editing a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in advanced photography is an asset
- Ability to thrive in a Christian environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Skilled in working both independently and collaboratively in a busy, deadline-defined environment
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a one-year contract position with possibility of renewal
- Dependent on education and experience, the salary range for this position (at 20 hours per week) is $26,000 – $30,000
- A competitive benefits package including health plan and pension
- Anticipated start date of September 4, 2018
- Applications considered starting as of August 1, 2018 and until an appointment is made
- Please e-mail a cover letter and resume, with the names of three references, to Rev. Fran Schmidt: email@example.com
- We thank all applicants. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.