2019 IABC World ConferenceHyatt and Fairmont, Vancouver  June 9, 2019, 9:00 AM More
Breathtakingly beautiful, with a mild climate, and heralded as one of most uniquely diverse cities in Canada, Vancouver is the chosen location for the IABC Wo...
Breathtakingly beautiful, with a mild climate, and heralded as one of most uniquely diverse cities in Canada, Vancouver is the chosen location for the IABC World Conference! Join us for IABC’s premier annual conference designed for the communication professional.
Advanced Leadership Skills for Communication ProfessionalsSaskatoon Inn & Conference Centre  June 14, 2019, 8:30am - 4:30pm More
Time and date: Friday, June 14, 2019 starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 4:30 p.m. Location: Saskatoon Inn & Conference Centre, 2002 Airport Drive, Saska...
Time and date: Friday, June 14, 2019 starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 4:30 p.m.
Location: Saskatoon Inn & Conference Centre, 2002 Airport Drive, Saskatoon, SK
Fees: $225 for IABC members, $325 for non-members
Learn what it takes to inspire a team, motivate passion, engage commitment, and blow the socks off of results. Explore the unique demands of communication leadership and discover what you need to lead an all-star team. Build leadership competencies and your personal brand. Walk away with solutions, tools, and techniques that equip you to be your best self.
What to expect:
- Identify and develop your existing leadership qualities
- Develop strategies for leading a high performing team
- Build collaborative working relationships
- Increase your influence to become a strategic leader
- Maximize your personal leadership potential
- Position yourself for success
Understand your personal leadership style
- Learn the characteristics and behaviours of effective leaders
- Review the manager versus leader inventory
- Learn how to continue building strong relationships and influence others
- Explore the four competencies of leadership Explore personal strengths and areas for growth
Build a cohesive and high performing team
- Discover the attributes of a high performing team
- Learn how to meet needs and motivate your team
- Gain insights into emotional intelligence and the emotional competence framework
- Develop your coaching skills and how to give and receive feedback
- Explore how you influence others
You and your team as influencers and strategic advisers
- Understand why people come to you for advice and how to build your value
- Be seen as a strategic adviser and trusted business partner in your organisation
- Keep people coming back for value-added work
- Understand what it means to take a consultative approach
- Learn how to earn the right to consult
- Conduct a contracting conversation
Build trust and influence your key stakeholders
- Work through trust and the trust equation
- Know how you influence and build your toolkit
- Deal with difficult people and situations
- Develop a plan to enhance your leadership potential
Adrian Cropley OAM, SCMP, ABC, FRSA
A certified strategic communication professional accredited and past global chair of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), Adrian Cropley is widely recognised as one of the world’s foremost experts in strategic communication. With a career spanning over 30 years, Adrian has worked with clients all over the world on major change communication initiatives, internal communication reviews and strategies, professional development programs, and executive leadership and coaching.
At the IABC he implemented the IABC Career Road Map, kick-started a global ISO certification for the profession and developed the IABC Academy. Adrian pioneered the Melcrum Internal Communication Black Belt program in Asia Pacific and is a sought-after facilitator, speaker and thought leader. He has been a keynote speaker and workshop leader on strategic and change communication at international conferences in Canada, the U.S., Europe, Middle East, Malaysia, Singapore, China, India, Hong Kong, Thailand, New Zealand and Australia. He has received a number of awards including international Gold Quill awards for communication excellence.
Adrian is a member of the Program Advisory Committee for the RMIT School of Media and Communication and sits on the Board of Governance for Sacred Heart Mission in Melbourne, Australia.
Wrap it up! | IABC Saskatoon 2019 AGMHigh Key Brewing Co, 1905 Quebec Avenue, Saskatoon, SK S7K 1W3  June 17, 2019, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM CST More
We're wrapping up another great year with IABC Saskatoon! We've worked hard on delivering member value to you through our PD and membership events this pas...
We’re wrapping up another great year with IABC Saskatoon!
We’ve worked hard on delivering member value to you through our PD and membership events this past year.
So join us on June 17 to celebrate all of our accomplishments – and have a little AGM too.
5:30pm – 6pm: Registration and Networking
6pm – 6:45pm: Annual General Meeting
6:45pm – 8:30pm: Snack on food, play some games, or head on home!
Ticket includes light snacks and one free beverage.