Brand & Communications Manager
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
- Employment Terms: Full Time
Posted: February 20, 2020
Status: Open until filled. Interviews beginning early March. Target start date is April 2020.
The Brand & Communications Manager supports the Industry Transformation, Customer Success, and Sustainability strategic priorities by developing and managing the Brand & Communications business unit, support the development and execution of the email marketing and SMS plan, lead the management of the corporate website, lead the development and ensure consistency of the brand voice and brand image on digital and traditional communications platforms, and manage the corporate communications and media relations function.
What You Will Be Doing
Develop and manage the Brand & Communications business unit.
- Direct the execution of integrated brand and communications strategies through the planning and supervising of business unit work activities.
- Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of the unit’s short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to direct reports toward their professional development.
- Conduct regular employee performance reviews in the business unit.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending necessary changes in policies and procedures.
- Support the development of the annual marketing and communications budget.
- Provide written and verbal reports on the Marketing & Communications business unit on an ongoing basis and other written reports as requested from time to time.
Support the development and execution of the email marketing and SMS plan.
- Assist in the development and execution of an email marketing and SMS plan.
- Develop and execute email marketing and SMS campaigns that raise awareness and drive sales of the product.
- Organize and maintain email and phone lists and ensure they are up-to-date and compliant with regulatory bodies and local laws.
- Develop content and graphics for emails, ensuring alignment with corporate brand image and voice.
- Report on email marketing and SMS activities as required.
Lead the management of the corporate website.
- Ensure a consistent brand voice and image across the website.
- Monitor and report on website analytics and make recommendations for improvement.
- Regularly review, revise, and optimize website to ensure alignment with the customer journey.
- Oversee the development of landing pages in support of demand generation activities.
Lead the development and ensure consistency of the brand voice and brand image on digital and traditional communications platforms.
- Plan and develop content for the corporate marketing and repurpose for distribution across other channels, including social media.
- Develop marketing and communications resources for distribution through the corporate website. (i.e. photos, videos, white papers, and e-books).
- Develop internal and external presentations as required by the CEO.
- Manage the corporate communications and media relations function.
- Lead the development, execution, and evaluation of communications strategies including the development of overarching messaging, audience mapping, and tactical plans.
- Lead the collection and analysis of marketing data to make brand and communications business unit decisions based on insights and analytics. Report on matters related to corporate brand and reputation.
- Maintain familiarity with laws, regulations, and practices pertaining to copyright, plagiarism, confidentiality, privacy and disclosure.
- Ensure a cohesive brand experience internally and externally on all platforms.
- Lead the media relations strategy by coordinating media interest, developing media lists, and staying in contact with tech bloggers, and other relevant media outlets.
- Design and execute reporting mechanisms in support of the evaluation of communications activities.
Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- You are an excellent communicator with a knack for expressing ideas through the written word. You think about audiences first when creating and analyzing messaging.
- You are a continuous learner who is willing to take the time to learn new concepts – focused on growing professionally and personally.
- You are friendly and easy to approach when working with others.
- You are results-oriented by keeping company, department, and personal goals and objectives in view.
- You know where you shine and you play to your strengths, but you’re also aware of your growth edges and ask for help when necessary.
- You are a fire starter through original and innovative thought.
- You show up when your team needs you. You can rally a team around common goals, and with your coach approach, help others shine.
- You are not afraid to laugh, sing, dance, and have fun.
Education & Experience
Successful completion of a four year degree majoring in marketing, communications, journalism or english from a recognized institution.
Certification as a Strategic/Communication Management Professional (S/CMP) is an asset but not required.
Minimum of three years of previous marketing/communications experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of marketing communications best practices.
- Knowledge of Canadian and international laws related to marketing and communications.
- Knowledge of strategic marketing and communications planning and tactics.
- Ability to write, proofread and edit content and key messages for target audiences.
- Ability to navigate the Canadian and global media landscape.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively coach and collaborate with a small dynamic team of marketing and communication professionals.
- Skilled in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication; ability to articulate technology and market positioning to internal, external, customer, and prospective business audiences.
- Eligibility for membership with the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or other marketing communications professional associations is an asset.
- Bonus points if you find an error in the job posting.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
- Employment Terms: Full Time
The Lung Association, Saskatchewan is searching for a motivated, seasoned marketing professional for the position of Coordinator, Marketing & Communications. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Coordinator supports the development and delivery of internal and external marketing, communications, and engagement initiatives to increase awareness of The Lung Association, Saskatchewan and lung health. Through social media platforms, print materials and by leveraging our networks across Saskatchewan, the Coordinator engages the community to meet our awareness, advocacy, support and fundraising priorities.
BREATHING PASSION AND COMPASSION. Our reason for being can really be summed up in one word: Breathe. It’s what unites us. It’s what inspires us. And it’s what keeps our community of physicians, scientists, clinicians, educators, administrators, volunteers and donors so committed — whether it’s searching for cures to lung diseases, teaching our youth about the dangers of tobacco, or fighting for clean air. The Lung Association, Saskatchewan is the leading organization in our province working to promote lung health and prevent and manage lung disease. We do this by funding vital research and pushing for innovative ways to help people manage their health.
Strategy and Brand
- Participate in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of year-round integrated marketing strategies
- Promote and protect The Lung Association brand and reputation
- Writes and edits content for various internal and external documents
- Supports various financial and advocacy partnership strategies
- Provides communications and media relations support for events and activities
- Responsible for managing website content and social media content
- Creates content for, designs, prepares and distributes monthly e-newsletter
- Creates collateral for various activities/events
- Solicits and coordinates content for marketing materials
- Assists with development of marketing plans, liaising with media suppliers and sponsors and preparing copy for print or broadcast
- Acts as communications liaison at events, which includes media relations, audio visual logistics, taking photographs and video, and/or coordination of photographers
- Manages the collection, culling and dissemination of photos as needed
- Applies established graphic standards to all materials and supports other staff to do same
- Creates accurate, clear specifications for print and other designed products, works with suppliers to ensure satisfactory delivery
- Coordinates storytelling through volunteer and community profiles
- Track and monitor earned media
- Maintaining superior knowledge of The Lung Associations mission, strategies and programs in order to be responsive to stakeholders
- Delivering and telling Ambassador stories in an effective manner that resonates with stakeholders and inspires them to take action
- Participating in community events and striving to expand The Lung Associations network within the community
- Recognizing and pursuing opportunities to engage key leaders in the organization
- Recognizing volunteers’ efforts in timely and meaningful ways that ensure positive outcomes
Social Media Engagement
- Develops strategies and tactical plans for the deployment of social media content supporting revenue campaigns, advocacy campaigns and programs and services activities.
- Drives engagement on social media by creating and adapting key messaging for a social media audience and guiding the conversation on social media channels
- Delivers content through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other appropriate social media channels
- Measures content performance, provides reports to other staff, and identifies opportunities to meet content goals and objectives
- Manages relationships with social media brand advocates and influencers, identifies trends and conversations happening within the Lung community on social media
- Manages social media response for issues management and stakeholder concerns in collaboration with colleagues
- Acts as provincial representative on nationwide communications team
- University or college degree or diploma in communications or a related field with 2 – 3 years of relevant experience in a communications role
- Software proficiency in Microsoft applications is required; knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite as well as web content management systems (Drupal CMS preferred)
- High level of proficiency in social media platforms including paid advertising with Facebook and Google Ads.
- Valid driver’s license is required and access to a vehicle
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment would be an asset
Normal office hours between Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm with occasional evening and week-end working hours.
Attendance at events for communications support
How to apply
Email resume, cover letter & salary expectations to email@example.com by March 11, 2020.